Google Mapping Technology for Nonprofits
Update, 9/3/2011: Thank you everyone, for making the workshop and Google Earth Outreach Canada launch such a success!
What: Google Mapping Technology for NonprofitsWhen: September 26-28, 2011, 8:30am – 5:00pmWhere: Morris J Wosk Centre for Public Dialogue at Simon Fraser University, Vancouver, British ColumbiaWho should attend?: This workshop is intended for Canadian nonprofit technology specialists. Ideal participants will meet one or more of the following requirements:
- Are employed at a nonprofit or consult for nonprofits; or work in a capacity that serves aborginal peoples.
- Demonstrate ability to implement and make effective use of Google mapping technology within their organization.
- Are currently working on mapping projects, or have datasets they want to map.
- Possess training experience and intend to train others within their organization or in the larger nonprofit community on Google mapping technology.
- Have intermediate-to-advanced technical experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Google Earth, Maps or Fusion Tables
- GIS experience
- Web/multimedia development
- Programming for Google Geo APIs